- Dosage form •
- Composition •
- Description •
- Pharmacotherapeutic group •
- Pharmacological properties •
- Indications for use •
- Method of administration and doses •
- Side effects •
- Contraindications •
- Drug Interactions •
- Special instructions •
- Overdose •
- Release form and packaging •
- Storage conditions •
- Shelf life •
- Conditions of dispensing from pharmacies •
- Manufacturer •
One dispersible tablet contains:
active substance - piroxicam 10 mg
auxiliary substances: microcrystalline cellulose (Avicel pH - 102), magnesium stearate, sodium starch glycolate, colloidal silicon dioxide (Aerosil 200)
Anti-inflammatory and antirheumatic drugs. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Oxycams. Piroxicam
ATX code М01АС01
Piroxicam is rapidly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract, the analgesic effect occurs within 30 minutes. In blood plasma, the peak concentration of piroxicam is reached after 3-5 hours. It binds to blood plasma proteins, T1 / 2 is 36-45 hours, which causes a long-term effect of piroxicam and the possibility of using it only once a day, it is biotransformed in the liver, excreted in the urine in the form of glucuronides, and only 5% is excreted unchanged.
The mechanism of action of piroxicam is associated with inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis due to inhibition of cyclooxygenase activity.It has anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic effects.
Indications for use
- inflammatory and degenerative forms of rheumatism: rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis and spondyloarthritis
Method of administration and dosage
Before use, the drug should be dispersed in a quarter of a glass of water with stirring until the tablet disintegrates completely.
The drug is best taken after meals or with milk.
Depending on the indications, the drug is used in the doses indicated below.
Rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis: an initial dose of 20 mg per day, after achieving the desired effect of 10-20 mg per day.
Acute gout attacks: treatment begins with 30-40 mg per day in single or multiple doses for 4-6 days. Dispercam should not be used for long-term treatment of chronic padagra.
Postoperative and post-traumatic pain: an initial single dose of 20 mg per day is recommended, if necessary, 40 mg in one or two doses for 2 days, followed by a maintenance dose not exceeding 20 mg per day.
Dysmenorrhea: with the onset of early symptoms, an initial dose of 40 mg for
2 days with a maintenance daily dose of 20 mg.
Upper airway inflammation and headache: For adults, a daily dose of 10-20 mg.
Toothache: 20 mg per day
- from the gastrointestinal tract: increased activity of hepatic transaminases, the formation of peptic ulcers (with possible bleeding) and damage to the esophagus, dry mouth, nausea, belching, diarrhea or constipation, flatulence, epigastric pain, bleeding gums
- allergic reactions: skin reactions, urticaria, eczema, dermatitis, photosensitivity
- from the central nervous system and peripheral nervous system: headache, dizziness, drowsiness or impaired vision of objects
- from the urinary system: azotemia, proteinuria, oliguria, interstitial nephritis and fluid retention in the body
- from the side of metabolism: hyperkalemia, hyper- or hypoglycemia
- on the part of the hematopoietic system: leukopenia, thrombocytopenia and a decrease in hemoglobin levels, eosinophilia, hemorrhages, anemia, a decrease in blood pressure, tachycardia
- others: Stevens-Johnson syndrome, Lyell's syndrome, very rarely - anaphylactic reaction, bronchospasm, increase or decrease in body weight
- active or recurrent peptic ulcer
- hypersensitivity to the ingredients of the drug
- bronchial asthma, rhinitis, urticaria in patients with hypersensitivity to aspirin and other NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs)
- pregnancy and lactation period (since the safety of use during this period has not been proven)
- children under 18 years old
The combined use of piroxicam and aspirin is not recommended, because the level of piroxicam in plasma decreases.
Due to the effect of piroxicam on platelet function, its parallel use with warfarin and other anticoagulants requires constant clarification of the dose of the anticoagulant.
With the simultaneous use of Disperkam with:
- digoxin, methotrexate or cyclosporine increases the toxicity of the latter,
- lithium preparations - the excretion of lithium by the kidneys decreases with an increase in its level in plasma with the development of lithium poisoning,
- diuretics - it is possible to suppress the effectiveness of diuretics, for potassium-sparing diuretics, an increase in the level of potassium in the blood serum is possible.
Long-term use of the drug is possible with constant monitoring of the state of the patient's gastrointestinal tract for the absence of bleeding and ulcers, especially in smokers and drinking alcoholic beverages.
Periodic monitoring of liver function is necessary, especially serum transaminase levels. In the presence of elevated transaminase levels for a long time or with a progressive deterioration in liver function, as well as with symptoms and signs of liver disease, the drug should be discontinued.
In patients with coagulopathy and hemophilia, constant monitoring of the blood picture is necessary.
It is necessary to be careful with vehicle drivers, as well as when performing other operations requiring increased attention, because Piroxicam may cause drowsiness, dizziness and impaired vision.
Symptoms: increased severity of side effects
Treatment: no specific antidotes are available. Supportive and symptomatic measures are shown, including artificially induced vomiting, gastric lavage and the use of activated carbon.
Release form and packaging
10 tablets are placed in a blister strip of orange polyvinyl chloride film and aluminum foil.
2 blister packs, together with instructions for medical use in the state and Russian languages, are placed in a cardboard box.
Store in a dry place at a temperature not exceeding 30 ºС
Keep out of the reach of children!
- Free information
- Protected areas
- Legal entities and individuals
- Biodiversity base
- Invasive species
- Taxa tree
- Text parsing of views
- Red Books